It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school. We provide a complete list of items needed for school uniform in our uniform policy and below.
Our uniform policy reflects and reinforces our school values of respect and aspiration. Our school uniform is important to us, and all pupils must dress according to the uniform policy. It is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity, which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life. It promotes harmony between different groups represented in our school, and it enhances security.
Smartness and high standards of appearance are expected at all times.
At Highfield, we have a required school uniform for several reasons:
- Our uniform unites us as one school family and promotes a sense of pride in the school. It develops a sense of community and belonging towards the school.
- Our uniform is practical and smart, designed with health and safety in mind. It is regarded as suitable for school and good value for money for most parents.
- Our uniform helps to keep us safe. It provides additional security and identifies the children within the school.
- Our uniform makes us all equal. Regardless of level of income, children come to school in the same clothes, making children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
- Our uniform looks smart and professional. It sets our aspirations high, and pupils come to school ready to learn.
We ask parents and carers to support all decisions by school staff regarding whether or not clothing is appropriate or inappropriate for school.
|Regular school uniform|
|Green sweatshirt/cardigan (with or without school logo)|
White shirt or polo shirt (with or without logo)
Grey skirt, pinafore, trousers or shorts
Preferably grey or white socks or tights
Shoes must be a black school shoe (nothing above ankle height)
Optional during spring/summer
Green and white gingham summer dress
|Children will require a kit for indoor and outdoor use every week.|
Some items may overlap and can be used for both, depending on the time of year.
Indoor (all-year) / Outdoor (summer)
Plain white T-shirt
Plain black shorts
Outdoor (autumn / winter)
Plain white T-shirt
Plain black jogging trousers
Green Highfield hoodie or school jumper
For P.E., appropriate footwear is essential.
Where to buy our uniform
All the items in our uniform list are readily available from the high street or supermarkets. Our uniform has been kept simple to avoid unnecessary expense. If parents and carers find any item difficult to obtain, please contact the school office.
Uniform with the Highfield logo is available to order from Rawcliffes on Roundhay Road or from Andrew Hyde.